Saturday, June 5, 2010

First Real Fundraiser

Last Thursday through today we held a rummage sale. It raised $200 towards our precious boy! Thank you to our friends and family who donated! We live in a very quiet area, Joey and Josh call it "the sticks", so it wasn't busy, but Ryan and Kim said we can haul everything over to their house in August for a weekend rummage and I bet we do even better over there.
Our neighbor, Mr. H., brough fudge over, and sat here and packaged it on Friday (to keep me company! :-) )and we sold it for $1 for 3 pieces. I bought a box of candy Bars from Sam's Club, and sold them for $1 each AND Liberty and I made refridgerator magnets and asked .75 each!

I'm not a very creative person, but I am excited about raising money and working towards a goal. I find it takes my thoughts off this long wait too. :-)

I am also having an online Pampered Chef show. The consultant is giving her commision and instead of receiving product for the hostess gift, I will get another 15%!

Here we come baby!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Fundraising! Good Luck on the next yard sale, I wish I lived closer I would come and buy stuff, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you lived closer so you could hold
    "our" little fella when he comes home!
    I think the next yard sale will be much better at our friends house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I just now saw this comment!) Awwww, I wish so too!! I will defiantly have to come up and see him! When is your next yard sale scheduled for?

    ReplyDelete