Monday, April 4, 2011

Medical Appointments are beginning

Here is a recap of the past medical appointments William has had, and the upcoming ones.

First of all, we saw the pediatrician 5 days after we had gotten home. All was basically fine there and we decided to get a stool sample and have blood work done. At the Dr.s lab, they poked him a couple times and couldn't get a vein so they had us got to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. I decided to wait until I had an appointment with the International Adopted Children's clinic through the hospital in case they wanted blood for something else - that way he didn't have to be stuck over and over.
Some spring fun on the trampoline

I had the appointment with the nurse there for a "Welcome Home Appointment" (how cute) on March 21st abd I received a list of the doc's we will see....
-cardiology
-urology
-orthopedics
-general surgery
-cl/p drs (cranial/facial)
-genetics

We went to the lab that day and had his blood taken...it took 2 tries before they foind a vein that would give up some blood. That next Friday my doc called and told me the newborn screen they do came back abnormal and he's got "organic acidemia". We have to have bloodwork done again. :-(

I have the appts made, except we will also need an appt at the hand clinic at Froedert Hospital, but I'm going to wait and catch my breath.

March 31st, we went to the urology clinic. The Pediatrician thought he noticed a hernia so that was first on the list. He doesn't have a hernia, but he does have chordee and his test*cles need to get "tacked" down.

Next we went to get an ultrasound of his kidney. Made sure that there was only one (yup). Then we went to Cardiology. He had an echo cardiogram done and the heart doc said his CHD was GREAT! Both holes closed and there is an issue with his aorta where it's shaped funky, but we will do an echo every other year and watch it.

Both excellent news!

This Wednesday we have genetics and general.Then Monday the 11th, we have cranial/facial and orthopedics.
Here is my beautiful Megan and her guy Tyler. Aren't they cute??

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear the great reports! It sounds like a whirlwind of doctor appointments, but I am so glad he is able to get the care he needs! Praying! I can NOT wait to meet your little man!!! And of course your whole family! What a smile Liberty has! :) I am hopefully ordering the plane tickets tomorrow! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get to meet Will finally, Sharon? NO WAY!!! I am SO excited for you...you will love him to pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Annie! I'm so very excited!!! My dreams (literally) will finally come true!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that things are going so well!!!!

    ReplyDelete