Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Orthopedic and Craniofacial - done

Yesterday we had an orthopedic appointment where they took some x-rays of Will. His spine looks great - the one nurse thought he might have a slight curvature of his spine- but nope. Yay! :-) They also took some x-rays of his arm and hand. He doesn't have a radial bone in his right forearm and there is no thumb. Very very classic for VACTERL syndrome. We will meet with the hand surgeon in May. I think Will will probably have "pollinizacion" (something like that....that was off the top of my head tho) where they will make the forefinger into a thumb so he can have the ability to grasp. I think there is something they can do for the missing radial bone too.

Then we saw the cranialfacial doc regarding his cleft lip/ palette. He actually had a very good surgery in China, but the uvula is pretty funky. Well see the whole cleft lip/pallet team in about a year and they will be able to decide what could be done, if anything. We have a hard time understanding alot of Will's words so that gives him time to learn more of his sounds.

Here is a picture of the whole family...FINALLY! We are never all together long enough to get a picture so I brought my camara to church. Even there I have to act quickly because we usually take 3 cars cuz everyones going in different directions afterward! :-)


And here's one of William...he just loves ice cream cones!

4 comments:

  1. I love hearing these updates! So glad it's going well! I love the family picture!! See you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon!

    Are you getting excited???? We are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better believe it!! But the excitement WILL really come when I'm in the air!! :)

    Do you mind if I share this family picture? Like in my FB album of Will? I know some of my friends would love to see him with his family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind at all.:-)

    Will and I just got home from the grocery store and he got "Cars" diapers. He is over the top excited!

    ReplyDelete