Monday, October 4, 2010

No updates

Thought I'd update that I have no updates. I get the feeling from my agency that everything'll be ok. CC*A (I don't know why people do that, but I always see it done, so I am doing it....go figure) is closed this week, so I don't think I'll hear anythiing until Friday at the earliest.

Thanks for all the prayers!

On a different note, we had a great time visiting Chicago's Chinatown on Saturday! We went with our FCC group on a luxurious bus! Oooooohh, what a way to travel! (jk, I was pretty carsick by the time I got home!) I bought a beeeeautiful large fan to hang on the wall. I'll post a pic when I get a chance later today. I also got Libby a pretty royal blue Chinese dress.

 It was quite interesting to eat there! We went to a dim sum. The waiters walk around with carts full of appetizer-type things and as you take them, they just mark it on your "tab" that is laying on your table (the pic above is the menu). It was very interesting. Not much English spoken, and all I can say is Ni Hao, and Xiexie (hi and thank you). Libby had a major gag reflex goin on!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated! Hopefully no news is good news. :)

    That is so great that you have a China Town near your city! I bet it's like a mini trip to China. Same here, all I can say is hi, bye, thank you, and grandpa (from Ni Hao Kia Lan, lol!)

    ReplyDelete