Monday, May 10, 2010

Names, hmm

Well, as I waaiiit for my paperwork to get to the next stage, I think I should really figure out what to do about this little fellas name. They gave him an English name, Tristan, but I don't think he is called by that. (Sharon??) And it's meaning is "sad". Hmmmm. They call him RDu, meaning, he's the second child from Duchang SWI to be at Shepherds Field, where he lives. His Chinese name is Du XinYong, which means "brave or courageous as a second nature" (from what i understand anyway). That would be cool if I could find an English name that means bravery.
My 6 yo daughter suggested Levi. That's cute. My 16 yo son said "Triton". I don't think so Josh. Some others: Daniel(Danny) or David (Davey). Benjamin (Benji?),Matthias (gift of God),

Any one have a suggestion for me? I Love looking at names!

God is! (I like to end with a wonderful attribute of God, and this one just "fit"!)

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog-It is so cute. All I know is that whatever name you pick, will be the perfect name. My personal favorites all start with vowels.

    Ethan
    Edward
    Aidan
    Allan
    Alton

    Huggs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting!

    Andrew means "Courageous"
    Brayden means "Brave"
    I personally like Tai which means "Talent"

    Haha, now you have so many to choose from!! Whatever you do choose, I know it will be right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the name suggestions! Boy, my other two boys were so much easier! Joseph and Joshua. I wanted a Jeremiah too, but none of the kids like that one.

    ReplyDelete