Saturday, May 1, 2010

Our reason for This Blog

I decided to use a blog to journal our adoption of this sweet precious gift of God into our family!

I first saw Tristan on a gals blog who advocates for orphans, The blog is called cornbread and chopsticks and she does a wonderful job!

I fell in love with him from the beginning and asked my agency, Madison Adoption Associates, to find him for me. After some work, they emailed with his info and we began the infamous paperchase!

Right now I am waiting for my homestudy to get finished so I can ship it off to immigration.

I have been so blessed with this little boy so far. The orphanage where he is is doing a wonderful ministry for these special children and through Tristans sponsor, I have more information on him than I could have ever imagined. I have over 200 pictures, as well as a bit of video and plenty of ways to be in contact with them.

For this adoption we are trying to fundraise. It's very intimidating for me but there are so many families out there who have done this before and are willing to share their experience, what worked, what didn't. Next month we are having a rummage sale. I've sold some things on Ebay and Half.com. I have lots of homeschool books to sell and 2 book sales that I will be participating in this month.

God is so gracious!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love this blog!!! :) I am so excited for you and your family! I so happy that Tristan will have such an amazing family! I am praying for you and for Tristan. I can't wait to follow your adoption journey!

    ReplyDelete